Monday, August 8, 2011

33 More Days !!

Have you been checking the bridge camera on the Star?   I have almost once a day or so, and I have seen lots of clouds and sometimes rain on the bridge window that the camera points through.  Our weather in Portland has been on the weird side this summer also, so maybe the West Coast is just going to have a lot of clouds and rain. 

Today when I checked I saw this:
This is 7:04 pm on Monday sailing up the Inland Passage, and look - not a cloud in the sky !!!

I am hoping this is a omen for our voyage that the weather is going to be improving as we go into late summer !

Also, I wanted to note today that one of the tours that I was discussing further down on this page,  - a small boat that goes up to Sawyer Glacier for a close up experience, is not going to be offered the rest of the season.  NCL has already taken it off the listings for Juneau.  I spoke with them yesterday and they said because the glaciers are calving (the face falls off the glacier) more frequently, the small boat cannot handle the increasing amount of ice in the bay so they are not going to make any more trips this year. 

PLEASE CHECK THE "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO" page and see if I have your excursions listed correctly.  I am aware some of you have changed your plans... am I still showing your old plans?  Have you given me any excursions that I don't have listed?

No comments:

Post a Comment